Administrative Assistant - JOB DESCRIPTION
**Please send resume and job application to email@example.com or in person at 511 W. Houghton Ave 3rd Floor
The West Branch Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking a dynamic and energetic Administrative Assistant to enhance and grow our member based organization. Ideal candidate must be proficient in Microsoft office, social media, good organizational skills, work independently, positive attitude, and communication skills. Must be able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment. Candidate will also be assisting with events, parades, member focused events and supporting the mission. Some occasional nights and weekends.
To apply please fill out WBACC Application along with resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at
511 W. Houghton Ave in West Branch on the 3rd Floor
35 hours per week- *Flexible Hours *Vacation *Retirement
The West Branch Area Chamber of Commerce unites hundreds of business and professional firms, thus creating a unique central agency working to improve business and build a better community. The majority of the membership is composed of small businesses interested in prospering and creating a healthy environment in which to conduct business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Assistant will maintain the office environment by answering phones, responding to inquiries, filing, and performing special projects such as direct mail campaigns, proofreading and editing and other office related work. Administrative Assistant will be asked to participate in special events planning and preparation, sponsorship and recruitment.
1. Database Entry: Including documents in excel, word and publisher. Prepare documents for mailings, newsletter, cards, events and as otherwise.
2. Membership Development:
• Assist with development and implementation of direct marketing solicitations, membership mailings and member related events.
3. Office Management:
Handle all office related tasks including answering phone calls and walk in visits, responding to email requests for information, mailing out information, follow up with inquiries and updating general information. Perform reception duties and secretary duties. Answer visitor and member questions in a positive and welcoming manner. Assist Director in implementing membership benefit programs, tourism activities, and fundraising campaigns. Assist the Executive Director with any additional requirements that may come up from time to time. Organize and restock the Visitor Centers.
4. Communications: Maintain up to date contacts, member information and answer questions from calls and walk ins.
5. Event planning and implementation:
Assist in event planning and implementation for The Chamber and other committee events. Assist with creation of flyers, special event notices, tickets, press releases, etc. Assist at events, including setting up, breaking down and other tasks needed. Perform clerical duties for events.
6. Perform other tasks as identified by the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Previous experience in an office setting with good organizational skills.
• Experienced administrative professional who is dependable and highly organized with business maturity, discretion, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, social media, email and group messaging.
• Cheerful presence and people skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills. Including Good Hygiene *Reliable * Confidentiality *Self starter who can work independently.
• Skill in establishing priorities and managing workload in a face paced environment and ability to follow directions.
West Branch Area Chamber of Commerce Black Out Dates :
Chamber Winter Ball & Outstanding Business Awards- Last Friday & Saturday in February (the following Monday off)
April- Art Walk & Wine Tasting
Wednesday, June 5, 2024 for Chamber Golf Outing
July 4th: Independence Day Parade – Work evening this day till parade is over
Ogemaw County Business & Community Expo and Job Fair (Date to be determined)
December- 2nd Saturday Christmas Light Parade- Work evening
December- Santa Train
2nd Friday from 7-8 a.m. Chamber Connections
3rd Thursday from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Business After Hours
***May have additional events or happenings to work that come up throughout the year
The following Holidays Off: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Monday After Winter Ball in February, Memorial Day, Independence Day (work 5:30-8:30), Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Friday After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day.
**Please note there may be times throughout the year work later or come in earlier depending on projects and events.
Pay based depending on qualifications and abilities.